Monday, September 19, 2005

Mónica Naranjo - What About Love

The last Mónica track I'm posting was taken from her 2003 hard to find English-language album "Bad Girls". The Spanish version "Sacrificio" appeared on "Chicas Malas" in 2001, and was released as a single.

"What About Love" was written by Sam Watters and Louis Biancaniello from the band Color Me Badd. They have written for many other acts such as Jessica Simpson ("I Wanna Love You Forever") and Anastacia ("I'm Outta Love" and "One Day In Your Life"). In fact "What About Love" sounds like it could be a sister to the Anastacia tracks!

So there's three of my favourite Mónica songs. In a few days, I'll post some tracks from my other favourite Spanish diva, Marta Sanchez. Let me know what you think of the Mónica tracks and I'll see you soon....

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaryn said...

I think she sounds like a man


Give my Audioblog a look!


the EARLY Savage Garden DEMOS... this week!

09 October, 2005 01:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have only recently heard this version -- i had the spanish version for so long, that oddly it seems strange to suddenly hear it with english lyrics .... it's one of the rarest Sam/Louis (written/produced) tracks around, but i love what these 2 guys do. Gx

ps:u need 2 come along to http://nsyncable.com/bianwatt and show your support for the songs of Sam Watters and Louis Biancaniello. ;o)

23 October, 2005 14:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home